Planning and Management
Provides planning and management to the warehouse operation to ensure the proper flow of parts and materials from the vendor to the warehouse to service locations. Utilizes human resources effectively to manage workload, achieve service and cost objectives in supporting material needs and provide efficient warehousing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and develops the Warehouse staff, which includes hiring, terminating and disciplining of employees, scheduling employees, setting work priorities, conducting staff meetings, counseling, and training employees, evaluating performance and directing work assignments to ensure effective departmental operation.
- Oversees facility and equipment maintenance and maintains inventory systems, ensuring that assets are protected and controlled.
- Ensures timely and accurate receiving, staging, ticketing, placement, planning, distribution, delivery and replenishment of parts and materials.
- Generates reports and measures of departmental operations as well as records on all inventory, tools, and vehicles.
- Utilizes the computer system to maintain accurate inventory levels and costs. Prepares and controls all purchase orders and invoices, shipping receipts, etc., on job-related equipment, material, parts, supplies, and tools.
- Checks inventory for reordering needs and places orders with appropriate vendors. Negotiates with vendors and suppliers for the best price on quality products.
- Stays in touch with installation crews to assist with unexpected needs. Ensures that required materials are filled and delivered. Schedules deliveries.
- Supplies parts pricing information to technicians as needed for job costing.
- Ensures that documentation and returns of overstocks and warranted parts and materials are handled appropriately to ensure receipt of credits. Follows-up on credit postings.
- Reviews and approves completed vehicle logs to ensure maintenance needs of service vehicles are met. Coordinates with the Safety Coordinator, as needed.
- Supervises physical inventory counts performed during scheduled inventories.
- Coordinates the pulling of inventories and load-outs to ensure that technicians have all of the required items to complete the assigned work.
- Maintains vendor relationships to assure quality service and competitive pricing.
- Oversees the stocking of service vehicles.
- Assists the warehouse staff in troubleshooting problems.
- Operates a forklift tractor and receives/checks deliveries of parts and equipment.
Minimum Education, Training & Experience Required:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in parts/warehousing
- Related experience and/or advanced training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, appliance and/or HVAC desired
- Strong supervisory, computer and mathematical skills are required
- Strong communications and human relations skills are also required