Baltimore Air Conditioning Repair
Hot weather can be unpredictable, and it can be unbearable if you’re caught without a working air conditioning unit. Whether you have a new or old one, air conditioning repair is essential to keeping it well maintained and working whenever you need it. Blue Dot is Baltimore’s local air conditioning experts with almost five decades of experience and can handle any type of air conditioning problem you throw at us, both residential and commercial. Get in touch with us any time you feel like your air conditioning system isn’t working properly and our skilled technicians will be more than happy to take a look at your unit.
Types of AC Problems We Can Fix
- Compressor Problems: The compressor is one of the main components keeping your home cool and the heat flowing through your air conditioner properly. Although you may be a DIY enthusiast, there are many complicated parts and refrigerant involving the compressor, so it is recommended that you let a professional handle its repair. This can save you the headache of many other complications in the future.
- Fan Problems: There are two fans involved with your air conditioning system — the evaporator fan and the condenser fan. Problems most of our clients run into with these fans involve the belts, motors, and blades that may get bent. If you notice your unit getting unusually hot, it may be a problem with one or more of the above. Our technicians can get the problems sorted out in no time.
- Leaks: Another common problem is refrigerant leaks. It may be hard to find the source of the leak all by yourself, so have Blue Dot’s technicians find them and patch them up for you so you don’t risk overheating your air conditioning unit.
$59 Cooling or Heating System Tune-Up
Standard price of tune-up is $119. Price valid for one working system. Valid at participating ARS® Network locations. Not valid for third party, new construction, or commercial customers, with any other offers, discounts, or on prior sales. Call service center for details. Coupon required at time of service. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited. Any other use may constitute fraud. Cash value $.001. License # 17840, 68820, PA127936.
Offer expires: 5/31/19
Emergency AC Repair
Call 410-879-9696 for Emergency Service.
If something’s amiss with your AC and it happens outside of our normal business hours, don’t fret. Blue Dot is one of Baltimore’s most reliable AC repair companies and we provide emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not only do we do emergency repairs for air conditioning units, but we also do them for furnaces, heat pumps, and more. Unlike other companies, you won’t have to worry about us charging extra for emergency AC repair. We’ll charge our normal service fees, even if you call us in the middle of the night. We want your HVAC system working properly, any time of the day, without putting a financial strain on us. Next time you have an emergency situation with your HVAC system, just pick up the phone and call Blue Dot and we’ll take good care of you.
- All Major Brands Repaired
- Fast, Same-Day Service
- Professional, Courteous Technicians
- Repairs Guaranteed!
- NO Additional Fees. Day or night, even weekends.
- Call 410-879-9696
- Be sure the thermostat is set to “cool” and that the set temperature is well below the existing room temperature.
Make sure there aren’t any blown fuses or tripped breakers. A central air conditioner should be on a dedicated 240-volt circuit. If this is the problem, simply reset the breaker or replace the fuse. If it continues to be a problem, you should consider modifying your electrical.
- Make sure the power switch is turned on and that the outdoor condenser’s power switch (mounted on the outdoor unit) hasn’t been turned off. Also be sure the 240-volt disconnect next to the compressor (usually in a metal box mounted on the house wall) hasn’t been shut off.
- Turn off the power to the air conditioner and check the thermostat. Remove the thermostat’s cover and unscrew the wire from the Y terminal. Turn the power back on. Holding the wire by its insulation only, touch the bare end to the R terminal and hold it there for about two minutes. If the compressor kicks on, the thermostat is faulty; replace it or call Blue Dot Services. If the compressor doesn’t go on when you hold the two wires together, turn the power back off and call 410-879-9696.