Air Conditioning Repair Baltimore Residents Can Depend On
Hot weather can be unpredictable, and it can be unbearable if you’re caught without a working air conditioning unit. Whether you have a new or old one, air conditioning repair is essential to keeping it well maintained and working whenever you need it. Blue Dot is your source in Maryland for air conditioning repair with almost five decades of experience and can handle any type of air conditioning problem you throw at us, both residential and commercial. Get in touch with us any time you feel like your air conditioning system isn’t working properly and our skilled technicians will be more than happy to take a look at your unit.
Types of AC Problems We Can Fix
- Compressor Problems: The compressor is one of the main components keeping your home cool and the heat flowing through your air conditioner properly. Although you may be a DIY enthusiast, there are many complicated parts and refrigerant involving the compressor, so it is recommended that you let a professional handle its repair. This can save you the headache of many other complications in the future.
- Fan Problems: There are two fans involved with your air conditioning system — the evaporator fan and the condenser fan. Problems most of our clients run into with these fans involve the belts, motors, and blades that may get bent. If you notice your unit getting unusually hot, it may be a problem with one or more of the above. Our technicians can get the problems sorted out in no time.
- Leaks: Another common problem is refrigerant leaks. It may be hard to find the source of the leak all by yourself, so have Blue Dot’s technicians find them and patch them up for you so you don’t risk overheating your air conditioning unit.
Free Service Call with any HVAC or Plumbing Repair
Service Call Fee waived with any completed repair. Any repairs are additional and will be quoted and performed upon homeowner approval. Valid at participating ARS® Network locations. Not valid for third party, new construction, or commercial customers, with any other offers, discounts, or on prior sales. Call service center for details. Coupon required at time of service. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited. Any other use may constitute fraud. Cash value $.001.
Offer expires 08/31/2023.
Emergency AC Repair
Call 410-204-2662 for Emergency Service.
If something’s amiss with your AC and it happens outside of our normal business hours, don’t fret. Blue Dot is one of Baltimore’s most reliable air conditioning repair and maintenance companies and we provide emergency services and are open 7 days a week. Not only do we do emergency air conditioner repair in Baltimore, but we also service furnaces, heat pumps, and more. Unlike other companies, you won’t have to worry about us charging extra for emergency air conditioner repair. We’ll charge our normal service fees, even if you call us in the middle of the night. We want your HVAC system working properly, any time of the day, without putting a financial strain on us. Next time you have an emergency situation with your HVAC system, just pick up the phone and call Blue Dot and we’ll take good care of you.
- All Major Brands Repaired
- Fast, Same-Day Service
- Professional, Courteous Technicians
- Repairs Guaranteed!
- NO Additional Fees. Day or night, even weekends.
- Call 410-204-2662
Before you reach out to us for AC maintenance or repairs, there are a few simple steps you can take to make sure your HVAC system actually needs professional attention. First and foremost, check to make sure you have your thermostat switched to the “cool” setting and that you have the temperature set well below the temperature in the room. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, check your fuse box or breaker box to make sure you don’t have any blown fuses or tripped breakers. If you do, replace the fuse or flip the breaker switch and you should be good to go. If not or you’re still having problems, it’s time to move onto other tests.
For example, you should check to see if your AC unit and/or outdoor condenser are still switched in the on position. The 240-volt disconnect next to the compressor also may have been shut off — you should be able to find this in a metal box mounted on your house near the unit.
If nothing else seems amiss, it’s time to check the thermostat. Switch off the power to the air conditioner and remove your thermostat’s cover. Disconnect the wire from the Y terminal, gripping it by the insulation only. Turn the power back on and touch the end of the wire to the R terminal and keep it there for approximately two minutes. If the compressor turns on, the problem is with the thermostat. If it doesn’t, there’s an issue with your HVAC system. Either way, you should call 410-698-4938 and let the pros at Blue Dot take care of your commercial or residential AC repair.