Why Should You Have a Preventative Maintenance Plan for Your Heating and Cooling Equipment?
Every home owner should have a preventative maintenance plan to protect their HVAC equipment. A maintenance plan gives you peace of mind knowing you have a reliable and trusted HVAC company in Baltimore, Columbia and Annapolis, MD that provides exceptional service.
You may wonder if Preventive Maintenance Plans are really worth the cost. With a preventive maintenance plan in place, your heating and cooling systems are each checked once a year. Yes, clean equipment is nice, but what are the real benefits to a preventive maintenance plan?
You may be surprised at what one inspection can do or prevent.
Our HVAC maintenance plan can help lower your utility bills, extend the life of your equipment, reduce or eliminate the need for costly repairs and increase the performance of your comfort systems.
- 10% discount on repairs
- Priority scheduling
- 24/7/365 emergency service
- Guaranteed up-front pricing before beginning any repairs
- 1 year warranty on repairs
- No overtime rates
- Annual inspection and cleaning of cooling system
- Annual inspection and cleaning of heating system
Three Major Benefits of HVAC Preventative Maintenance Plans:
- Safety: Our Preventative Maintenance Service will test all safeties and controls to ensure that your system is as safe as possible.
- Efficiency: With proper yearly checks we are able to make adequate adjustments to make sure your equipment is running at its maximum efficiency. Clean air filters ensure maximum airflow while unrestricted indoor and outdoor coils allow for better heat transfer. (Your heating and cooling equipment can be about 48% of your utility bills and can become very costly to replace or repair).
- Durability: An HVAC maintenance plan for your Baltimore area home can extend the life of your Heating and Cooing equipment.
BlueDot support immediate and emergency HVAC service
Don’t forget! Even if you don’t have a plan, you can still call (443) 552-5508 for immediate and emergency HVAC service in Baltimore, Annapolis, Forest Hill and surrounding areas!
- Get Rid of the Dirt & Grime in Your Coils and Drain Lines: Dirty condenser coils and drain lines will reduce your systems ability to remove hot air from your home. If it’s taking longer for your coils to get rid of this air, your system runs longer and increases your electric bills. In addition, as dirt and dust move through your home, they will stick to your evaporator coil and drains. If both items are maintained, you’ll ensure proper air flow to all areas of your home, increase the comfort level in every room, implement better dehumidification, and make your air cleaner and healthier to breathe.
- Lubricate Your Parts: As parts operate day in and day out, the lubrication decreases. If the parts in your system have to work harder to operate, more energy is needed to overcome resistance. By making sure parts are effectively lubricated, you’ll ensure proper operation in your system and extend the overall life of your equipment. In addition, you’ll save energy since the parts don’t have to work as hard to do what they are supposed to.
- Clean Your Filters: Clogged filters can cause many issues, such as increased energy consumption, lower comfort levels, damage to parts, reduced air flow, and reduced humidity removal. A clean filter can help reverse all of this and lead to increased system performance.
- Calibrate Thermostats: During the year, your thermostat can become off balanced. During an inspection, your HVAC technician will make sure your thermostat is properly calibrated. This ensures accurate temperature control and operations, which will save you energy costs and provide for better comfort levels.
- Ensure Proper System Start-Up: If your system is starting up properly, there will be less wear and tear on your equipment making your investment last longer.
- Eliminate the Algae: As your system removes heat from your home, humidity is extracted from the air. The condensation that humidity creates is cleared from your system via a condensate drain line; this can cause a build up of algae and water damage to the ceilings and/or floors in your home.
- Clean Fan Motors Provide Healthier Indoor Air: If the fan motors on your system are dirty, they are pushing that dirt back into your homewhich can be dreadful for people who suffer from allergies, sinuses and other respiratory problems. A clean fan motor will provide even air flow and reduce the spread of dust and dirt in your air.
- Proper Temperatures: If the temperatures in your home are constantly differing, not only is your comfort level sacrificed, but also the amount of humidity removed from the air and energy efficiency are decreased. By maintaining your equipment once a year, you’ll be able to ensure proper temperatures throughout your home, and thus, eliminate the issues associated.
- Protect Your Outdoor Equipment: Harsh contaminates and the weather outside your home can damage outdoor units if they are not addressed regularly, thus shortening the life of your equipment. Proper care and maintenance on your system, as well as an all weather coating, will help to protect your investment.
- Call Blue Dot today Or fill out our online form to discuss maintenance plan options. When considering the big picture and the potential for expenses in NOT having a maintenance plan, they really are a smart investment.