Grow With the Pros at Blue Dot!
Blue Dot/ARS Rescue Rooter is in search of a sales-focused, results-driven, P&L-experienced Operations Manager to help LEAD the BLUE DOT TEAM into a successful future!. Unique to our field, we provide plumbing, heating, and air conditioning expertise through 70+ locations nationwide united by a commitment to professional excellence. In addition to the training needed for a real career, we provide advancement potential and the chance to give back to the community.
Blue Dot / ARS-Rescue Rooter has created a unique opportunity for the position of Operations Manager. We offer a competitive compensation package and a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life and long-term disability insurance.
The Operations Manager, while in constant communication with the General Manager, is responsible for the overall success and management of our residential and commercial HVAC & Plumbing service center. Our Ops Managers plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and control service center activities and functions to achieve revenue goals and objectives while maintaining a strong customer focus, leveraging the brand, and driving employee engagement in a rapidly changing and highly competitive business environment.
- Assuming partial operational responsibility for profit and loss related activities.
- Establishing a team culture among service center personnel and holding the team to a high standard of customer satisfaction.
- Consistently administering company policies and procedures throughout the service center.
- Monitoring and maintaining job satisfaction among personnel by completing annual performance evaluations and salary reviews in a thorough and timely manner.
- Preparing business forecasts, budgets, and other reports in addition to monitoring the timely flow of paperwork necessary to the service center.
- Assist in recruiting, selecting, and training all service center employees.
- Financial analysis to identify trends and prospective problem areas and take immediate action based on findings.
- Optimizing the service center to provide service, complete tasks, and otherwise perform in an efficient manner.
- Developing new programs and executing established plans to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of competitors, developing innovations to maintain the market lead, sharing best practices across the organization.
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications
(Including Educational Requirements):
- Minimum of 10 years leading teams servicing Business to Consumer & B2B customer markets.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience successfully leading a fast-paced service organization and a proven track record of growing a business.
- Bachelor’s degree required and 4 to 6 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding revenue objectives.
Special Knowledge/Skills and/or Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills. (Oral and written)
- Ability to self-start and motivate a group of individuals to act as the team towards a common goal.
- Analyze cost and forecast data to ensure alignment with the Division’s goals and objectives.
- Build a team culture by recruiting, motivating and training the staff.
- Review and promote the maintenance of a safe, accident-free and healthy work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with multi-tasking alongside time management skills and the ability to prioritize and plan.
- Excellent analytical skills, financial acumen, and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency. (Microsoft preferred)