7 Secrets to Boosting Your Plumbing & HVAC Performance
December 17, 2023
It’s that time of year again! Summer is coming to an end and kids are heading back to school. And if you’re a parent, then you know that with each new school year comes family planning and preparation for the activities that lie ahead. At Blue Dot, we are parents ourselves. So, we know how chaotic a new school year can be. In fact, we know that amid all this busy-ness, we sometimes neglect those day-to-day necessities—like our home comfort. To help ease the transition from summer into fall and boost your home comfort, our team is sharing seven reminders on how you can get both your plumbing and HVAC in top shape, and hopefully avoid emergency plumbing issues and HVAC surprises this school year.
Try These 4 Tips to Boost Home Plumbing Comfort
Ready, set, go!
- Go Low Flow Switching to a low-flow toilet can boost your plumbing efficiency. These work just as well as traditional toilets but use only 1.6 gallons of water per flush as compared to older toilets that can use up to 8 gallons.
- Install a New Showerhead Want to save money and reduce monthly water consumption? Then a low-flow showerhead is probably for you! According to HGTV, today’s low flow showerheads can help you decrease home water consumption by 40 % or more!
- Consider a Tankless Water Heater Searching for ultimate efficiency when it comes to hot water? Tankless water heaters are the answers. These water heaters heat water on-demand, so you’re only using what you need. Compared to traditional tank water heaters, tankless models can be 24 to 34 percent more energy efficient.
- Get a Plumbing Inspection If you’ve never had a master plumber inspect your pipes, you should! A professional plumbing inspection can help prevent emergency plumbing issues and unwanted plumbing repairs. During an inspection, our plumbers will check things such as faucets, drains, sinks, toilets, water pressure, pipes, possible leaks, and so much more! And Three Ways to Safeguard Your HVAC, Too…
- Install a Smart Thermostat Smart thermostats are just that—smart. They are designed to learn your home comfort patterns and then adjust those settings accordingly. In fact, they can reduce your energy consumption by programming your temps when you’re not home, when you’re sleeping, and more!
- Clean Ducts and Vents Regular check of your vents, to be sure they aren’t being blocked by furniture, is a simple way to ensure HVAC efficiency. You can also boost your HVAC’s performance by scheduling duct cleaning every few years.
- Protect Your Outdoor Unit If you have an outdoor cooling unit, be sure all debris, shrubs, flowers, and other yard waste is removed from its surroundings. Typically a clear diameter of about three feet from the compressor is a safe clearing distance.
Prep for Back to School NOW
Ready for the new school year? We are! And while the team at Blue Dot can’t help you with that new math or solve those physics equations, we can help with interior drain cleaning and other plumbing issues! Call us today for all your plumbing and HVAC needs or to schedule an annual appointment.
Last Updated: December 17, 2023