Human Resources Manager
Grow With the Pros at Blue Dot!
Only the best of the best work for the largest and fastest-growing leader in residential services, Blue Dot/ARS Rescue Rooter!. Unique to our field, we provide plumbing, heating, and air conditioning expertise through 70+ locations nationwide united by a commitment to professional excellence. In addition to the training needed for a real career, we provide advancement potential and the chance to give back to the community.
If you have the experience we seek, take this opportunity to grow with the pros at Blue Dot
Plans, directs and coordinates human resources functions such as recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance. Collects, analyzes and interprets human resources data. Reports incidents and coordinates with Regional Human Resources Director on employee relations issues at the service center level.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or 3-5 years of human resources generalist experience is required. Related education and/or training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Knowledge of labor law required. Computer literacy, knowledge of Microsoft Office products, strong interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Investigates incidents and determines and recommends appropriate employee relations actions to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale. Reports incidents to Regional Human Resources Director when appropriate.
- Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
- Ensures accurate documentation of personnel changes and additions to employee files.
- Identifies legal risks and ensures government reporting for EEO, ERISA and Wage & Hour regulations.
- Ensures that managers provide proper documentation and review employee appeals through the complaint process to ensure that employees are being treated fairly.
- Manages all facets of the staffing process including the administration of pre-employment testing, as well as conducting interviews and reference checks on potential candidates.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to inform and foster a positive attitude toward Company objectives.
- Communicates and implements policies and procedures that meet the needs of the Company and comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Works closely with Regional Human Resources Director on succession planning issues to identify internal strengths for filling key openings in the service center. Provides feedback regarding employees’ potential for promotion based on personal interaction, performance reviews and conversations with employees at all levels.
- Provides training to employees for benefits enrollments, sexual harassment avoidance, customer service and related issues.
- Performs benefit and payroll problem resolution.
- Analyzes turnover and compensation data for corporate reporting.
- Maintains employee confidentiality and responds to requests for information.